Assistant Superintendent and Site Superintendent roles:
This role is directly responsible for supervising and directing activities of construction craftsman within an assigned area of responsibility. Receives routine and direction in the performance of assigned responsibility. Receives technical and operational direction from the assigned supervising Project Superintendent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Key Assistant and Site Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Directs sub-contractor activities within the area of responsibility.
- Analyzes manpower, material, equipment requirements and interfaces the requirements with others as designated by supervising superintendent.
- Implements and enforces policies, procedures and related work rules as established by field construction management.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, as required, and keeps supervisors informed on progress of overall assigned activities.
- Assists superintendents or the general superintendent in the preparation of construction methods, schedules, manning charts and materials and equipment requirements.
- Supervises and directs subordinate manual and non-manual personnel as assigned.
- Ensures safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to by craftsmen and others when in the operational area. Ensures tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely.
Superintendent Education/ Work Experience:
- Educational training in Construction, general Engineering or equivalent experience and training.
- Work experience in craft, non-technical or technical positions.
- WHMIS certification; Fall protection training