Requirements for Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager will support the project management process for large projects and/or will manage the full cycle of a small project. Reporting to a designated Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager position will have an understanding of process management and the ability and agility to perform work primarily through subcontractors. The Assistant Project Manager has the capability of managing self-performed construction activities that benefit the project and can effectively communicate with management, subcontractors and customers.
Assistant Project Manager Job Duties
- Provide technical engineering information to company supervision and craft employees to ensure project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions.
- Assist in evaluation and solution of potential field problems, referring them to the Project Manager.
- Assist in plan and specification analysis in order to provide clear trackable and coordinated interpretations of design/drawings for construction.
- Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents. Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues.
- Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating RFI’s transmitting and tracking of submittals and compose agreements.
- Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as required.
- Coordinate periodic job-related photographs for records.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.